- Greensill: Cameron says he will ‘respond positively’ to MPs’ lobbying inquiry
As MPs announce another inquiry into the Greensill row, David Cameron suggests he will co-operate.
- Instagram fixes ‘mistake’ promoting harmful diet content
Some users said they were offered “appetite suppressants” and “fasting” by the search feature.
- Psilocybin: Magic mushroom compound ‘promising’ for depression
A study of 59 people compared the drug with a conventional antidepressant.
- Covid: 82% of positive rapid tests ‘were correct’
There had been concerns that large numbers would have to self-isolate after a false positive result.
- Covid: How ready is Scotland to unlock?
Ahead of a relaxation of Covid restrictions, what is the state of the epidemic in Scotland?
- Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Man City (2-4 on agg): Riyad Mahrez and Phil Foden goals send English side into last four
Manchester City through to the semi-finals of the Champions League after sealing last-eight victory over Borussia Dortmund courtesy of a comeback win […]
- MasterChef winner: Tom Rhodes crowned 17th champion
The broadcast of the show’s final was postponed following the Duke of Edinburgh’s death on Friday.
- The Queen appoints new Lord Chamberlain ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral
Lord Parker, a former head of MI5, receives the wand and insignia of office at a ceremony in Windsor.
- Hertfordshire: White Horse pub’s £25k outdoor area destroyed in fire
The White Horse says its new Covid-secure outdoor area was due to open to the public on Thursday.
- Prince Philip: Royals release new photos of the Duke of Edinburgh
Members of the Royal Family release previously unpublished photographs of the Duke of Edinburgh.
- Greensill row: Civil servants ordered to declare second jobs
Concern over officials’ links to failed bank Greensill Capital spark a crackdown in Whitehall.
- Asda to axe 1,200 bakery jobs as shoppers shun loaves
The supermarket giant says customers have swapped traditional loaves for speciality breads and wraps.
- Covid jab could be required for England care home staff
Nearly half of all older adult care homes do not meet recommended vaccine thresholds, the government says.
- First baby sloth in a decade born at Bristol Zoo
Staff at Bristol Zoo say the tiny baby came into the world “like all sloths – upside down”.
- Sainsbury’s recalls Medjool dates over Hepatitis A fears
The supermarket is recalling its ‘Taste the Difference’ Medjool dates amid fears they are contaminated.
- Prince Philip: Rehearsals take place for Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral
The Duke of Edinburgh’s ceremonial funeral will be held on Saturday in line with Covid regulations.
- Grandad, 80, wins EuroMillions prize after forgetting glasses
Denis Fawsitt could not see his regular numbers, so asked for a lucky dip instead and won £116,124.
- Fishmongers’ Hall inquest: Woman begged terrorist not to stab her
Isobel Rowbotham describes seeing Jack Merritt moments after he had been fatally wounded.
- Arlene Foster: DUP leader sues Christian Jessen for defamation
Arlene Foster’s defamation action against Dr Christian Jessen centres on an “attack” on her marriage.
- Banbury couple ‘starved millionaire to death to steal his fortune’
A vulnerable recluse was killed by his tenants to steal part of his £3.5m estate, a court hears.