- Inside London’s hidden power tunnels
A £1bn tunnel under south London is being built to make the capital’s power supply more resilient.
- Chris Mason: What does Zahawi sacking mean for PM?
Rishi Sunak resisted those urging him to sack Nadhim Zahawi sooner, writes Political Editor Chris Mason.
- ‘The most unusual thing I’ve seen in all my years’
A large eel, toys and wet wipes were among the tonnes of items clogging up sewers last year.
- Thousands of NHS staff with long Covid risk losing their pay
Analysis by BBC Panorama suggests between 5,000 and 10,000 NHS staff risk losing their pay.
- £1bn boost in hospital beds and ambulance fleet
Extra capacity will help the NHS in England tackle emergency care delays, the prime minister says.
- Over-50s at work: ‘You feel your usefulness has passed’
New research suggests applicants are right when they say employers are less open to hiring older workers.
- NEU teacher strikes: Government and union to meet for last-ditch talks
Education Secretary Gillian Keegan will meet union chiefs in an effort to avert Wednesday’s walkout.
- Childcare costs rise as providers feel the pinch
Prices increased across Britain over the last year due to funding pressures, a survey suggests.
- Greater Manchester Police didn’t care I was abused, woman says
A woman who was forced into prostitution by her husband says police ignored her repeated pleas.
- Ukraine: Boris Johnson says Putin threatened him with missile strike
Boris Johnson says he had an “extraordinary” call with President Putin before the Ukraine invasion.
- Celtic Freeport bid could generate billions, say backers
Backers say the plans could generate billions for the area and up to 16,000 news jobs.
- FA Cup: Wrexham 3-3 Sheffield United – Egan’s late strike denies Wrexham victory
John Egan’s stoppage time goal rescues Sheffield United against non-league Wrexham in a frenetic FA Cup fourth-round tie.
- Isla Bryson case: Movement of violent transgender prisoners paused
The prison service will carry out an urgent review after trans rapist Isla Bryson was placed in a women’s jail.
- Nadhim Zahawi’s Stratford-on-Avon constituents on his sacking
Nadhim Zahawi has been sacked as Conservative Party chairman after an inquiry by the PM’s ethics adviser.
- Ryanair and EasyJet ready to snap up Flybe staff
Airlines are inviting employees of the collapsed airline to fill vacancies for cabin crew and other roles.
- Finn handler PC David Wardell investigated over dog welfare
PC Dave Wardell, saved by his “hero” police dog Finn in 2016, is put on restricted duties.
- NCA assisting in Staffordshire junior doctor sexual assault probe
The doctor is facing allegations of attacks on patients and is suspended from his role.
- ‘Relief and delight’ over bereavement benefit change
Parents who are not married can now claim bereavement support payments if they lose a partner.
- Newport: Pig owners reunited with Gertie who was dumped on a mountain
Pig Gertie was taken and after an appeal, found abandoned on a mountainside 40 miles (64km) away.
- Hexham stabbings: Boy, 16, charged with murdering teenage girl
Holly Newton, 15, was stabbed in Hexham on Friday evening and later died in hospital.