- No fuel shortage, says transport secretary
Grant Shapps calls for drivers to be “sensible” and only fill up when they need to.
- Sabina Nessa: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
A 38-year-old is arrested early on Sunday in what police describe as a “significant development”.
- Covid-19: Government approves temporary visas, and stars perform at Global Citizen festival
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Sunday.
- Bake Off meets Brassed Off – how a community bakery became a showstopper
A new stage musical tells the story of how a Liverpool bakery sparked a neighbourhood fightback.
- London Marathon 2021: Student runs with Essex bone marrow donor ‘who saved my life’
A student says it will be “so special” to do the London Marathon alongside her bone marrow donor.
- River Foyle: Casualty airlifted to hospital after jet ski incident
Two people are taken to hospital after an incident on the River Foyle on Saturday evening.
- Labour conference: Tax private schools to help poorer children, says Starmer
Labour will end the charitable status of private schools in England, saying it will raise £1.7bn.
- Oleksandr Usyk beats Anthony Joshua: Ukrainian challenger outclasses Briton by unanimous decision
Oleksandr Usyk is the new unified heavyweight world champion after dethroning Anthony Joshua with an incredible performance in London.
- Hauliers and poultry workers to get temporary visas
Some 10,500 foreign lorry drivers and poultry workers will be able to work in the UK until Christmas Eve.
- Channel 4 goes off air after ‘technical problem’
A still from a programme was shown for about 25 minutes before normal broadcasting resumed.
- Labour conference: People assume Sir Keir Starmer is a posh bloke – top aide
Don’t be fooled by the Labour leader’s knighthood, his adviser tells an audience of Love Island fans.
- Petrol queues: ‘I’m on red and I need to get petrol asap’
Drivers are shocked and frustrated at huge queues for petrol amid fuel delivery disruption.
- Leigh murder probe after man found with fatal injuries
A 30-year-old man is found with fatal injuries prompting a murder investigation.
- Viola Beach: Memorial to band unveiled in Warrington
A memorial to Warrington band Viola Beach, who died with their manager in a car crash, is unveiled.
- Teesside Airport light aircraft incident leaves one seriously injured
Three people taken to hospital following an incident at Teesside International Airport,
- Milly Main: Criminal investigation over hospital deaths
Police Scotland is investigating a number of deaths at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital campus.
- EVCL Chill: 400 jobs at risk as food firm goes bust
The firm says 650 jobs are saved but 400 others are under threat as a chilled food firm goes bust.
- Universal credit: Tory peer wants to force Commons vote on cut
The government is scrapping the £20-a-week benefit rise, introduced during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Labour conference: Sir Keir Starmer drops rule-change plan
Proposals to reform the party’s leadership elections faced huge opposition from the left of the party.
- Sabina Nessa: Book of condolence opened for killed teacher
The book is set up close to where the teacher was found dead one week ago.